Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time Flies!

Wow! So much time has passed since my last post! 20 days to be exact!!!
So much has happened in that time....so much hasn't!!!

Several pairs of socks done for the 52 Pair Plunge II!
Neither the Knitting at Night Voyager Stole nor the Goddessknits KAL Mystery Shawl have grown by even one stitch. I started taking the train to work and back and knit for a good hour on socks. When I get home I try and get more knitting done but by then it's 7:30pm or 8:30pm depending on my schedule and after getting dinner done etc. I'm not left with a lot of energy and certainly no patience for lace!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Here is Pair #3... a great pair of socks we call "Abraham's Not a Chance Sox".
At World Wide Knit in Public Day I was gifted with this skein of 100% ORANGE wool. I was being good and saying no to more yarn...my stash takes up a whole room...REALLY! But Abraham insisted. So I said yes and as I was making these for him he said he would NEVER wear them in public. When I suggested I give them to someone else he started to whine that I had already given them to him!!

This is a pair I made from some Alpaca/Wool blend that I found hiding in my stash! I made another pair last year and my sister submitted them in the New York Sheep & Wool show but they didn't place as they were in the wool catagory not "other fiber". My other two pair won a Third Place and a Fifth Place ribbon!! This was pair #3 for the 52 Pair Plunge.

I'm short a pair and don't have the picture for the pair I'm working on now out of 100% Bamboo yarn....love it!!! So soft with a great drape. I've received mixed reaction on how good it wears as a sock. We'll see!!!!

Also, this past week we were lucky enough to meet a new fiber friend from Ravelry! Joyce posted on our Stitch and Beach group to ask if there was a place to knit while she was here in Long Beach for a conference. Abraham and I offered to pick her up and take her with us and we haven't stopped talking about how funny and warm she is! Not to mention talented! Her website is full of wonderful art she's created: hand painted yarns and ribbons and silk, wonderful collage multi-media art and jewelry....an amazing assortment of wonderous fun! As we were looking at her site last nite we were making a list of what we could get for Christmas gifts for those nearest and dearest to us!!! We felt like we made a lifelong friend! go see her site http://www.elliebelly.com/ and do some shopping! http://www.joycevance.typepad.com/ is her blog site.

Let's see.....I know there is more.....I'll have to add more later. Lunch hour is over!!!

1 comment:

joyce said...

those are some seriously cool socks. tell abraham he needs to wear the orange pair everyone he goes. they have so much attitude -- how could you not have a great day wearing them?