Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hello All!

Ok...soooooooo....I'm of course at work and finding time to post! I've been swamped lately with several orders for hand knit items.....My Frida Kahlo doll sold to a great guy who ordered two pair of socks for his partner...only request....bright, striped or patterned! Sooooo..... I grabbed my favorite sock yarn from Hudson Valley Sheep & Wool Co. and started! In the picture you can see how the striping worked up different on each one! I emailed a picture to my client and he loved it! The third sock-in-progress in the picture is pair #2 being done in Mirasol Peru "Hancho" a yarn and raised, spun and hand painted in the Peruvian highlands and from which a portion of every sale is returned to the region for the funding of schools! I found this yarn at Alubelitas Yarn Shop in Pasadena. A great little shop that also carries embroidery supplies so Abraham and Gisel were happy to wait for me while I did a little shopping! The owner, Samantha who I haven't met yet in person was gracious enough to mail me the additional skeins I needed!!! One day service! Speaking of service....I was unable to go get the yarn on my day off because I had to serve jury duty! I was able to get one sock and a cuff done of Tim's pair #2 done while there!
I've been working on several orders and haven't had a great deal of time to spin on my new wheel "Mad Mack" the Mach 1 wheel..... LOVE this wheel!
Let's see...what else is going on? I'm working on a few items to have on my sale table at the annual "LOVE/HATE" show at Picture This Gallery & Custom Framing owned by our friend Marisol. I'm also trying to set up an impromtu knitting workshop there on the 24th of this month! Not sure if that will happen! So...time to get back to work! Thanks to all who stop by here! Amazing how many of you there are! Thanks!!!! Stop by the Hudson Valley Sheep and Wool group on Ravelry!!
Had to pop in and add that Velvet KNOWS bizzee!!! Check out her blog! WARNING: You WILL be inspired!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow! Jamie, you are one bizzzi bee!